Orthodox Lay Contemplative

Sunday, May 08, 2005

7 things I'm grateful for

God's word. Where would I be without it? "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path...O how I love your word! I meditate on it all day long...Trouble and distress have come upon me,but your commands are my delight." Too much to list here, just read Psalm 119.

The Holy Spirit. "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth." Jn 4:24. God's word is our truth, and we must be attuned to the spiritual life to fully realize what we have in Christ.

Faith. "For by grace you have been saved by faith." Thank God for allowing me the eyes to see, and the ears to hear his love and life.

Love. How deep and wide and immeasurable is God's love for me. Words cannot describe.

Life. "I have come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly." Jn 10:10

Peace. "Great peace have they who love thy law, and nothing can make them stumble." Ps 119 "And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:7 "Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in thee." Is 26:3.

Prayer. What a privilege that our awesome creator, Lord and savior, invites us moment by moment to be with Him!